Home Remedies to Whiten Teeth – DIY Homemade Natural Teeth Whitener
1. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is anti-bacterial in nature, thus makes teeth and gums cleaner and germ-free.
Take a teaspoon each of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Mix them well to form a paste. Replace this paste with your regular toothpaste, and brush your teeth with this twice in a week, or until your teeth turns white again.
2. Oil Pulling: As odd as it may sound, oil pulling using coconut oil can actually help to whiten the teeth. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for a few seconds. Alternatively, you may use a few drops of coconut oil to brush your teeth with and follow up with your regular toothpaste later on. Not only does this help to whiten your teeth, but the anti-microbial property of coconut oil will also keep the gums healthy.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar rids the stubborn, yellow stains of teeth caused by especially caffeine and smoking. Dip your toothbrush into a tablespoon of ACV and brush your teeth with it. Follow up with your regular toothpaste afterward. Make sure to be consistent with this remedy for about a month and you will see your teeth turn brighter than ever.
4. Charcoal: You will need activated charcoal for this method. Take about 2-3 tablets of activated charcoal, which can be easily obtained at local drug stores. With the help of a fork or pestle, crush the tablets until they turn into a fine powder. Now use your fingers to rub this on your teeth for 30 seconds before gargling with water. You will notice an instant difference in the texture and color of your teeth.
5. Lemon and Orange Peels: This is an excellent method to whiten your pearlies. The acidic nature of lemon or orange will help rid your teeth of those nasty stains and give you a whiter set in no time.
Boil the peels of lemon and orange peels in a glass of water for about 7-10 minutes. Let it cool and gargle your mouth with this homemade natural mouthwash regularly for a month for visible results.
6. Salt: Salt is one of the most common of methods that have been used for a long time now. You can use salt to whiten teeth in following ways:
- Method 1: Mix common salt with your regular toothpaste every time you brush.
- Method 2: Mix salt with powdered activated charcoal tablets and brush with this twice a day.
- Method 3: Mix baking soda with common salt and rub it all over your teeth to whiten them.