We offer a full range of convenient, comfortable procedures designed to give cosmetic dentistry patients in Kitchener / Waterloo the confidence that comes along with a gorgeous, new smile.
Today Teeth Whitening is the most requested procedure in cosmetic dentistry. Whitening can take away stains caused by smoking, coffee/tea or juice and artificially colored foods. Whitening can even lighten the grey or yellow stains caused by tetracycline stains.
Porcelain veneers are a fantastic way to create a great looking smile. Porcelain veneers can change the color or shape of the tooth and visually enhance a smile without the need for costly orthodontics. Porcelain veneers, also called porcelain laminates are also recommended for teeth that are broken or chipped, permanently stained or misshapen. They are very thin lab made porcelain facings which are cemented onto the front surfaces of front teeth. Because they are highly durable yet thin, very little tooth structure is taken away which leaves the procedure almost stress-free for the patient. There is no "dark line" that may appear with porcelain fused to metal crowns; they transmit light better and have a more translucent appearance giving them a more life-like appeal.
During the first appointment the tooth is contoured and a precise impression is taken of the tooth. The impression is then sent to our in-house lab to be processed. The finished veneer is then cemented onto the tooth. Any adjustments are then made. The entire process usually involves at least two appointments.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers/Laminates:
- The natural tooth structure is preserved
- They can mask out permanent discoloration resulting from antibiotics from childhood
- They can repair fractured or chipped teeth
- They can cover spaces between the teeth (diastemas)
- They can correct misaligned or crooked teeth for an improved smile
- The results last longer than bleaching or bonding
- They are natural looking
- They resist staining and chipping
- They have a long life expectancy