Teeth whitening has become very popular. There are many different ways to whiten your teeth, from in home whitening kits to different treatments at the dentist’s office. The newest and quickest way to whiten teeth is a procedure performed at the dentist’s office involving a laser light. This procedure is referred to as Zoom whitening.
What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom teeth whitening is a procedure performed at the dentist’s office by your dentist or a trained clinician. It is considered to be the fastest and most effective form of teeth whitening. The process usually takes under an hour from start to finish.
Before your appointment for Zoom your dentist will usually schedule a regular cleaning and ensure that you don’t have any current dental problems that need to be addressed first.
The first step is to be sure your lips and gums are covered. This will keep the whitening solution off those areas and keep it only on the teeth.
Once the teeth are exposed a special hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is applied to the teeth. Then a special light developed to activate the whitening gel is aimed at your teeth.
You will need a total of 3 coats of the gel for this procedure. The gel is removed after 15 minutes and a new layer applied twice.
After the last 15 minute session a special fluoride gel is applied. This gel is used to reduce any sensitivity that the whitening gel may have caused.
Before you go home you will receive a special Zoom whitening touch up kit to take home. The kit includes trays that are custom fit and whitening gel. You dentist will explain how to use the kit to keep your teeth white longer.
Benefits of Zoom Teeth Whitening
There are many benefits of the Zoom whitening process. These benefits include:
- Zoom is the fastest procedure to whiten teeth. You see results immediately after the procedure. Zoom provides the best treatment for teeth whitening and can lighten your teeth up to 10 shades lighter.
- Zoom is customizable so you can pick which shade of white you prefer. So you have a choice to go only a few shades lighter or make them so white they are almost translucent.
- Zoom teeth whitening lasts a long time. You get the take home kit for touch ups which allows you to extend the length of time Zoom keeps your teeth white.
- Zoom is a safe procedure and has very few side effects, the main one is tooth sensitivity which is why the special fluoride gel is applied after the procedure. If you still suffer some sensitivity it will fade quickly.
- The procedure is very comfortable for patients.
- Zoom is performed by a dentist or specially trained clinician who will monitor the procedure and ensure nothing goes wrong.
- The whitening gel penetrates the tooth enamel to be able to remove difficult stains that at home kits are unable to remove.
- Whiter teeth can help to boost your confidence. You will not longer have to be afraid to smile in front of others.
How Much Does Zoom Teeth Whitening Cost?
Like any product the cost for Zoom varies depending on where you go to have it done. It can cost as little as £200 and as much as £1, 000. The average price is £300. If you are thinking of having the procedure done be sure to talk to your dentist fist. Zoom is usually performed by a cosmetic dentist. If your dentist does not provide Zoom whitening he can usually recommend a colleague to perform the procedure.
The costs varies depending on the type of staining on your teeth and also on how badly stained your teeth may be. Some people include the cost of other dentistry work that needs to be completed before the Zoom process can be applied. That is one reason for the variation of cost.
One thing to remember when considering the cost, is that Zoom whitening usually keeps your teeth white for a year when the take home kit is used for touchups. With that in mind the cost figures out to about $1.36 per day if you pay the average price of $500. However, teeth whitening is usually not covered by insurance. Many dentists allow for a payment plan or special financing to help your cover the cost.
Zoom Teeth Whitening Reviews
If you are unsure as to whether or not you want to have your teeth whitened with the Zoom procedure you can look up reviews from others who have had the procedure. Be sure to read plenty of the reviews to get a really good idea of what others think.