Products aimed at beautifying your smile line the shelves of drugstores these days. The problem? Many of these teeth whitening products contain chemicals that can be harmful to your health and can ultimately lead to eroding the enamel on your teeth.
Teeth Whitening at Home – The Method
- Place a tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon (or half a lime) over the top.
- The mixture will fizz up as the soda interacts with the citric acid in the citrus juice.
- Once the fizzing subsides somewhat, take your toothbrush and stir the mixture into a thick paste. If the paste is too runny, add a dash or two more of baking soda until the proper consistency has been reached.
- Put the paste onto the toothbrush and brush all of your teeth thoroughly, just as you would with regular toothpaste.
- Rinse your mouth out well with plenty of water, and you’re done! That’s all there is to it.
Whitening Teeth with Baking Soda & Lemon – things to Consider
– This natural whitening method should be performed no more than once per week in order to get a bright smile without harming the protective enamel covering the teeth.