Everyone wants a shining set of sparkling white teeth. However recently, yellow teeth have become a common problem, which can lead to serious confidence problems. The home remedies that follow will help to restore your teeth back to their former whiteness.
It is best if you know the cause of the problem, from genetics, diet, tobacco, intake of excess fluoride level in water, taking certain treatments, ageing and poor oral health. Taking high doses of antibiotics, infections, climatic conditions and improper metabolism can also contribut. Generally a tooth is made of 4 tissues – enamel is the strong white covering that protects the tooth and dentin supports the enamel. Both play an important role in color.
Some symptoms include: teeth discoloration, worn away enamel, yellow tints and pits on teeth, foul smell from the mouth, etc. Certain foods and drinks like tea, coffee, etc. will stain the enamel and break down this enamel and after time. If this enamel breaks down then it shows the yellow dentin underneath.
Home Remedies for Whitening the Yellow Teeth:
There are many professional treatments available which are very expensive. Try these natural remedies with ingredients that can be found in the kitchen.
Basil is an herb that is good for overall health. Using this basil will give a complete oral care, not just teeth whitening.
- Place a few fresh basil leaves in the shade to dry.
- Grind to a powder form.
- Use this powder instead of toothpaste.
- Rub your teeth with your cleaned fingers for more effective results.
- Or mix it with your regular tooth paste.
- Brush your teeth by using tooth brush to get rid of the yellow teeth..
- Use regularly.
- Crush fresh basil leaves to make a paste.
- Add dried orange peel powder and stir well.
- Apply this paste on your teeth evenly and completely.
- Leave for 15 – 25 minutes and then wash with water thoroughly.
- Do this process once daily.
- Crush fresh basil leaves to a paste.
- Add mustard oil and mix well.
- Use this paste as toothpaste.
2. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an Ayurvedic technique that helps to achieve overall health by curing a variety of illnesses and also whitening your teeth. It removes the bacteria, plaque and gingivitis so that you get a happy and healthy smile. It has to be done first thing in the morning just after you wake up before brushing your teeth or eating.
- Take a spoonful of any oil like Coconut oil or Sesame oil or Olive oil.
- Swish the oil around your mouth.
- Pull this oil throughout your teeth and from one side to another side to get rid of the bacterial and other germs.
- Keep doing this for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 to 4 times a week till you get rid of the yellow teeth.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an age old remedy that has been effectively used to whiten the yellow teeth. However it has abrasive nature (alkaline) that clears the enamel of the teeth but also removes topical stains and plaque of the teeth. If lemon juice is mixed with baking soda, it further wears down the teeth with its citric acid (in lemon juice) that in turn unlocks some of this calcium present in your enamel and helps to whitening the teeth.
- Stir baking soda, salt and lemon juice in a bowl to make a paste.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth.
- Again brush with normal toothpaste.
- Follow this remedy no more than once or twice a week.
- vinegar or hydrogen peroxide
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda, lemon juice and white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply this on the yellow teeth.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water and then repeat this process regularly.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of cold water.
- Use this as mouth wash 2 – 3 times a day.
- Continue doing this daily till you get rid of the problem.
- You can also add 1 ½ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in this solution.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a small amount of regular toothpaste.
- Stir well and brush your teeth using tooth brush.
- Repeat regularly to whiten teeth.
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory property that helps to give relief from gum problems. It also has strong anti-microbial that kills all the germs and other micro-organisms that prevents tooth decay and gum disease.
- Roast turmeric for few minutes.
- Crush into a powder and add a little lime juice and salt.
- Mix well to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the teeth.
- Leave for few minutes and then rinse it off with water thoroughly.
- Do this process regularly.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with water to make a paste.
- Brush your teeth with this paste and leave for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water till the yellow strains has been removed from the mouth.
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to ½ glass of water and stir well.
- Use as a mouthwash.
- Continue rinsing your mouth with this water regularly.
- Or simply sprinkle turmeric powder into the tooth paste which you’re using regularly.
Salt restores the lost minerals in the teeth and this in turn helps to achieve whiteness. However it is harmful for gums and enamel so avoid using this salt remedy regularly.
- Use salt as tooth powder instead of your regular tooth paste.
- Or you can simply mix baking soda with salt and rub this gently on the teeth.
- Stir common salt and charcoal in a bowl.
- Use this to brush your teeth.
- Repeat this regularly to get white teeth.
6. Certain Tree Twigs
Using certain tree twigs to clean the teeth is an age old traditional process. Trees like babul, banyan and neem or margosa trees contain astringent and other effective properties that help to give white teeth when you use the twigs regularly as your brush. Use tender twig which is not so soft or hard from the branch of any of these trees.
Babool Tree (or Acacia Arabica)
Babool tree is the most tooth friendly. Its extract has been used in making many herbal tooth pastes. tannin, a component in this twig whiten yellow teeth.
Banyan Tree (or Ficus Religiosa)
Banyan roots contain natural astringent property that makes your teeth white.
Neem or Margosa (or Azadirachta indica)
Neem has antiseptic, astringent, anti-bacterial and other properties that effectively treat all teeth or dental problems.
- Take a twig (the length of standard tooth brush) of any of the above trees and wash it well with water.
- Chew one side of the twig slowly for few minutes.
- After thorough chewing, the end will become scattered and fibers will come out of it.
- Brush your teeth with this fibrous end for about 15 – 20 minutes and then discard it.
- Use a fresh twig next time.
Strawberry is rich in vitamin C and has astringent property that breaks down the plaque which causes yellowness. Malic acid in strawberries removes stains and cleans your teeth.
- Cut a strawberry in half and sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on it.
- Rub on the teeth for few minutes.
- Rinse with water and continue doing this process regularly.
- A plain strawberry can also be used.
- Mash a strawberry to extract the juice.
- Apply this juice on the teeth and let it sit for a minute or two.
- Brush your teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Regular application will give you whiter teeth.
Salt acts as abrasive portion of paste to physically scrubbing away the stain – the baking soda reduces the acidity on the teeth and makes it more visibly white in appearance.
How to simplify radical expressions
Selling levels where tricks played in the forex
Tips how to pass smog check in california
What kind of scooters for tricks
When doing tricks with deck of cards do you use joker?
What does the rover do when the base station tips over
What is the best backup camera for large tricks
what does tyrannical mean
what does co2 stand for
Accounting tips when using muliple sheets in excel
what does depersonalization feel like
what does salud mean in spanish
what does simmer mean
How to notify social security of a death
How to pass a swab drug test
How to rebuild trust
How to spray paint metal surfaces tips and fixing mistakes
How to keep cats out of your yard?
How to repair cue tips
what does umami mean
How to evolve onix?
How to make your snap score go up
How to get mimic tear ashes?
what does this emoji mean ?
what does the w stand for in oil
How to reset a hp laptop
Why are tips on an invoice increasing sales tax in quickbooks?
When do you get tips in banquet
How to stream oculus quest 2 to tv
How to remove tick?
what time does mcdonalds open near me
How to replace ear tips on airpods pro
How to keep piping tips on piping bags
How to make extra money on the side
i have really bad teeth what are my options
what does a cracked rib feel like
How to find someone's amazon wishlist?
How to find the derivative of a function
what does white blood cell count mean
what do coins on a grave mean
How to connect ps5 controller to iphone
what are the days of the week in spanish
what does antigen mean
Depression tips on how to beat it
How to cure athlete's foot at home fast
Tips when wirinf vehicle for trailer lights
what does continuously variable transmission mean
How to find the diameter of a circle?
How to grow hair
When a car dealer tricks to avoid
what does disparate mean
How to write an essay example
what backorder mean
what grade are 14 year olds in
How to find current
what does yr mean
How to use hot rollers
How to use iphone 12 mini tips and tricks
what does trazodone do
What album is the geto boys minds playing tricks on me on
Whats it mean when your weed has white tips
what does nc mean
what is ssa mean
what does rape mean
Anime where guy uses tricks in fights
How to make carne asada
what does puberty mean
what does gt mean
what does one love mean
what position does tj watt play
How to make nightbot send out automated tips
what are the amendments in order
How to make chocolate covered strawberries?
How to become an insurance agent?
what does consort mean
How to factory reset a hp laptop?
what does partisan mean
Tips on how to be a dance studio office assistant
Tips on how to hit a driver
How to open a can without a can oppener zombie survival tips
what does wtd mean snapchat
How to make vinegar
How to read a tire
How to change password on facebook
what does if mean
How to teach fish tricks
Person who does card tricks
Tricks on how to fine a vacuum leak
what are gamma rays used for
How to take a screenshot on this phone
How to install mods on minecraft?
How to teach cat tricks without it trying to find treats
How to grow a beard if you can't
what does bae mean
what does a stink bug smell like
How to stretch groin
what does iam mean
What typ of mixing tips i use to make a impression
How to cook beef tips and rice
How to reset a macbook?
what does emphasize mean
How dynamo does his tricks
How to use imovie starter tips
what does a triangle equal
How to get rid of body lice
How to turn a photo into a pdf
Tricks when ordering a new car
Where do tips go in chart of accounts
Tips on how tolerate people
what does a few mean
How to get rid of a bladder infection
what does dba mean in business
How to measure your penis?
How to use onenote
How to do flip tricks on a tech deck
How to get herpes
what does hard mean
How to get rid of a pimple
How to see who saved your instagram post?
How to burn calories?
How to make a hot compress
what are the signs of depression
How to cash a money order online?
what does dtb mean tiktok
what does holographic mean
How do you do slight of hand card tricks
How to tell if your computer is 32 or 64 bit windows 10?
How to draw a easter bunny
what are the rules for working while on ssdi
what does holy grail mean
what does amend mean
How do pro bmx riders do tricks with brakes on their bikes?
what time does the outlet mall open
what does amazon renewed mean
what does 1012 mean
what does recommend mean
How to get scholarships
what time does home depot open on sunday
How to draw waves
what does mass mean
what level does sandile evolve
How long to pan fry salmon?
what does speculation mean
what does imei mean
How to record on youtube tv
what does flaky mean
what does ebay charge sellers
How to put cash on cash app card?
what does a contested divorce mean
Tricks to pull on someone who won't move out
what time does gordon food service close
How to stop coughing immediately
what does enfj mean
Why does my spider plant have brown tips?
How to tie a shoe
what season does fiona leave shameless
what does chao mean
Motocross game with boost when doing tricks
Tips on how to stop masterbaiting
Tips on how to use hp envy photo 6255
what does pink on a mood ring mean
How to get rid of bagworms?
How to identify hemp plant?
How to exclude words from google search
what does hmp mean
Tips on how to manage the daily coming home from work to being a husband
How to get overwatch 2 beta?
How to remove stitches?
what are crackers made of
What are some tricks for the sat in nc
what does blood mean in a dream
what does wtw mean on tiktok
How to get rid of knots in back?
How to make aioli?
what graphics card does the ps5 have
Share some tips how buy vintage
How to better use sandisk micro sd card tips tricks secrets diy tutorials
what does brianna mean
How to apply dip powder with tips
How to soft reset iphone 11
How to do magic tricks with cards easy
what does call screening mean
On windows 10 once i start the loopback adapter what tricks can i try on
Tips on how to stay safe online
What are the names of shoes with the tips rolled up
What are wages tips and other compensation
what does steezy mean
How to do tricks on skateboard without getting hurt
How much to replace a roof
How to kill a spider
what does abomination mean
How to train a pomeranian tricks
What does nick from trainer tips do for job
How to contact instagram support?
what does unincorporated mean
what does it mean to archive an email
How to gain weight and muscle?
Tips on how to free motion quilt
How to use law of total tricks
How to schedule a teams meeting
what are the benefits of chia seeds
What is doobie tips
How to remove spray paint?
How to create a meme?
what gift cards does cvs sell 2021
How to do beach waves
what does it mean if my period blood is brown
How to connect apple watch to iphone?
How to do penny board tricks for beginners
How to close amazon account?
what does a moon next to a text mean
what are eggs benedict
what does fx4 mean
what does '...' mean in texting
Tricks on how to hit the michigan lottery daily 4
what does weaning mean
what does california sober mean
what does anthrax look like
what does tbr mean
what does to be or not to be mean
Why are the tips of my succulents turning brown
How to cut acrylic sheet
what does strive mean
what are washers for
what do spiders mean in a dream
How up tips morning person
How to do tricks with your tounge
How to make graphic tees
what does sufficient mean
How to use gua sha on face?
How to short crypto?
Tips on how to relax with anxiety
How to prevent razor burn?
Toe tips upward when loading the limb
How to say in russian
Safety tips when using hex key wrench
Why use paper tips
How to make rib tips in instant pot
what does it mean when u dream about someone
How to cook swordfish steaks
Tips on how to take a test
what does drop the soap mean
what are fever blisters
How to thaw frozen shrimp
How to get water out of ears?
what does ex mean
How to watch netflix on facetime
How to turn off phone?
How long to bake lasagna
what does oml mean in texting
How to tell someone you dont want to show them your design tricks
what does hegemony mean
what does stodgy mean
How long to boil potatoes for mashed potatoes?
How to calculate density
what does beaner mean
what does wsg
How to get rid of redness on face?
How to take out sink stopper?
what does smegma look like
what does it mean when poop is green
How to record audio on iphone?
what does do not enter sign mean
What tricks did red gerard perform to win gold
what is sms mean
How to make beef tips in a crock pot
what does expression mean
what does blue mean
- Mash 3 strawberries finely to extract its pulp.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Wipe out any extra saliva with a paper towel.
- Apply a generous portion of this paste on the teeth using the tooth brush.
- Leave for 15 minutes and then rise with water.
- Apply regularly.